Visa & residence permit

Students under an X type visa, within 30 days of entering China, must go to Xuzhou Exit-Entry Administration Center to apply for a residence permit, which will allow you to enter China for several times. (The address of Xuzhou Exit/entry Administration Center: No.33 Kuangshan Road, office number: +86-516-83977216) Materials needed to handle the residence permit application procedures:

1) “Certificate of Health” issued by the Xuzhou Exit-Entry Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.

2) “Application for Visa and Residence Permits” issued by the International Office of CUMT.

3) “Application Form for International Students Entrance Visa” (JW201 or JW202).

4) A valid passport with an X type visa and its copy

5) “Temporary Residence Registration Form” offered by the local police substation

6) Two passport-sized photos 

Students arriving at CUMT on other types of visa must go to the International College to show your passport and visa to personnel responsible for this issue and receive their advice and instructions. 

If you have any question concerning your visa and residence permit, you can go to No.A310 Administration Building for help. Teacher in charge: Zhang. From 14:00 to 16:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the police officers from Xuzhou Exit-Entry Administration Center will also answer your questions or to resolve your problems. 

Usually the residence permit is valid for as long as a student is registered at the school. If the residence permits are not extended on time, you will be subject to a fine.